Ahead of and over the Black Friday shopping event, set to begin officially on Friday, November 26 — but with most deals published throughout the week, as well as on Cyber Monday — major US retailers are already releasing plenty of deals on storage including internal drives, Solid State Drives (SSDs), memory cards for cameras and gaming consoles, flash USBs, and more.
Below, you will find the early Black Friday deals we’ve spotted so far. Our recommendations will be updated regularly so check back for the latest bargains.
In time for the holiday season, retailers across the board have expanded their return policies, giving eligible purchases made between November to December 31 a return window until the end of January 2022. See each stores’ return page for more details.
An early Black Friday deal of note is the $60 discount on a WD Elements SE portable SSD drive. Containing 2TB of storage, this drive can hold documents, video, images, software, and more and will be useful to anyone either traveling or in need of more storage space than their PC can provide.
Over at Amazon, you can pick up a Samsung Pro Plus 128GB microSDXC storage card, together with an adapter, for $29.99. It’s not the biggest discount on offer but if you need additional space for your camera, mobile handset, or gaming console quickly, it’s worth taking a look at the deal.
If you’re in the market for internal storage, Samsung Electronics’ 980 500GB SSD is currently on sale. The internal drive comes with V-NAND technology, designed for improved capacity and speed.
Over at Newegg, you can pick up an internal Leven SSD 3D NAND TLC SATA III drive for $143.99. This 2.5-inch storage solution comes with a 2TB capacity with sequential read speeds up to 560 MB/s (write speeds up to 530 MB/s).
Over at Best Buy, you can take advantage of a $225 saving on the SanDisk Extreme Portable SSD. This 2TB (USB-C) model is slim, compact, and is designed to be rugged and able to stay reliable in different environments.
Other deals of note
- Samsung 870 EVO 4TB 2.5 Inch SATA III Internal SSD, Amazon, $499.99, ($80 off)
- SanDisk 4TB Extreme Portable SSD, Amazon, $599.99, ($100 off)
- Crucial P5 Plus 1TB PCIe 4.0 3D NAND NVMe M.2 SSD, up to 6600MB/s, Amazon, $149, ($30.99 off)
- SanDisk flash drive savings, Amazon, $Various
- SanDisk 4TB Extreme PRO Portable SSD – up to 2000MB/s, Amazon, $749.99, ($150 off)
- Sabrent 2TB Rocket NVMe 4.0 Gen4 PCIe M.2 Internal SSD, Amazon, $269.99, ($50 off)
- Intel 660p Series M.2 2280 512GB PCIe internal SSD, Newegg, $44.99 ($18 off)
- SanDisk Ultra 128GB USB 3.0 Flash Drive, Best Buy, $10.99 ($31 off)
- SanDisk Ultra 1TB PCIe Gen 3 x4 NVMe Internal SSD, Best Buy, $89.99 ($140 off)
- Seagate 4TB Game Drive for Xbox, Best Buy, $104.99 ($20 off)